Mario Tessuto

Started by Geno, January 12, 2017, 12:11:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Geno

[ You are not allowed to view this attachment ]

Mario Tessuto, born Mario Buongiovanni (Pignataro Maggiore, September 7, 1943), is an Italian singer.

Son of a couple of workmen, he moved with his family to Milan, where he completed his accountancy studies.

Fond of music, thanks to his friendship with Livio Macchia, singer and Chameleons guitarist, began to perform live and was noticed by Miki Del Prete, who worked with Adriano Celentano, who offers him a contract with the label of Molleggiato, the Clan Celentano.

Changes its name by choosing the name of art by Mario fabric, but during the duration of the contract does not affect any disk; then passes before the Jaguar Records (ported by Ricky Gianco, known to the Clan) and then to the CGD, which is able to participate in the Cantagiro 1966 with Teen agers concert; also affects a cover of Love me, please love me by Michel Polnareff.

The name begins to get noticed, but success comes with the return to the same event two years later: the Cantagiro 1968 presents I've written order, song written by Don Backy, which is also presented during the telecast Settevoci, presented by Pippo Baudo
  •  

Geno

Lisa dagli occhi blu - Mario Tessuto

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ta8YvB0-524

But the big breakthrough came in 1969 with Lisa dagli occhi blu: written by Giancarlo Bigazzi for text and Claudio Cavallaro for music. The song, runner-up to a disc for the summer in 1969, soon became one of the most sold of the year, as well as a symbol of the sixties songs, and it is also made into a musical movie of the same name, directed by Bruno Corbucci ; It remained in the charts in the top ten for fifteen weeks, staying in first place two weeks 16 to 23 July and ritornandoci for another four weeks from 20 August to 10 September.
  •  

Geno

Rivoglio Lei -  Mario Tessuto

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vOQScavfBNY

In 1975 he recorded the Italian cover of Eric Carmen's success All by Myself, Rivoglio lei (with the text written by Cristiano Minellono).
  •