Ivana Spagna

Started by Geno, January 24, 2017, 08:58:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Geno

[ You are not allowed to view this attachment ]

Ivana Spagna, also known simply as Spain (Valeggio, 16 December 1954), is an Italian singer-songwriter and writer.

international artist, her albums have been released and entered the charts in many European and non-European countries, including England, Germany, France, Spain, the Netherlands, Australia and Japan. Last woman to win the Festivalbar in 1987 with Call Me reaches the second place in the British charts, still the highest position ever achieved by an Italian singer in England, except for Renato Pagliari, number one of the Christmas week of 1982 with Save Your Love. With over 10 million records sold, a goal for which in 2006 was delivered by the FIMI Gold Disc for his career, is among Italians artists who have had more commercial success in Italy and abroad.
The first steps of Spain in the music world take place in 1969, when in January participated in the fourth edition of the competition with the song Girogarda When you smile, written for her by Athos Lorenzetti . Then in 1971 when it is put under contract by the label discs Remember to record a 45 with the first Italian version of the successful Mamy Blue by Herbert Pagani and Hubert Giraud, with b-side is finished spring; the 45 has not happened, because of the high hit rate of the version sung by Dalida, so in the following year, 1972, after a second 45 with a song written by Bruno Lightman, Ari ari, with b-sides would God , the record company did not renew the contract.

During the seventies Spain sings with his group, the Opera Mother, which includes his brother Theo Giorgio Spain and his companion then Alfredo Larry Pignagnoli, in various nightclubs and dance halls of Italy, while the early eighties they see Spain first pay one voice to groups of success as the Fun Fun, then sing with his own image, but using the Mirage, Barbara York pseudonyms, Carol Kane and Yvonne Kay, aka the latter with which record the successes, both Disco Golden, "I've got the music in me" and "Rise up for my love." Simultaneously backing vocals and signature as the author of several successful songs related to Italian disco music of those years, including "Take me to the top" of the Advance Group.
Spain in 1990, backed by Sony, moved to the United States, in Los Angeles, to work on his new recording project that has as its goal the American music market. The new manager of Spain's Marco Marathi and third album of the singer, "No Way Out" collaborate names North American environmental record as Rhett Lawrence, Diane Warren, Stephen Bray and Guy Roche. First from the album it is Only Words, followed by R & B Love at first sight, accompanied by a video clip. Spain devote space to various television and American newspapers transmissions which go so far as to see in the Italian singer a sort of heir or even Madonna rival [citation needed], but the promotion of the album in the US is abruptly interrupted by the decision the singer to return to Europe (years later explained in an interview that it was a decision mainly due to a dispute with its former Italian manager). No Way Out, the promotion of which ends with the radio airplay Me and my love, however, reaches the Top 5 in Italy, where the album sold over 100,000 copies.

In 1992 the new single No more words, which will be used as the theme song of the drama Scoop with Michele Placido; Spain in the same year he married the French arranger Patrick Debort, after an attendance of eight years, but the marriage only last a week.

In 1993 leaves Spain & Spain Collection: Greatest Hits, both in audio version for the songs on VHS for video clips, containing in addition to the successes of the singer a new remixed version of Easy Lady and the aforementioned No more words.

This year also saw the last album of Spain entirely in English: Matter of Time, in which collaborates among others the Tina Turner guitarist, and considered by many fans the best ever album of the singer. [Citation needed] In the meantime, disco music has changed and disco of the eighties we moved to the rhythms of the eurodance nineties Spain adapts and leave from this album Why me and I always dream about you, you will have much success in the Italian and European clubs and radio, positioning itself well in the singles charts (I always dream about you even debuted at number 5 of the Italian sales charts with the single radio promotion).

The same period also saw Spain as an author to dance very important projects such as Corona and S-sense.

1994 was the year of two major successes: for the summer leaves that for a long time remained the last single in English
  •  

Geno

Gente come noi - Ivana Spagna

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YQhSj2KHjOk

In 1995 Spain took part in the Sanremo Festival with the song People like us and took third place. The song reached the Top 5 of the best-selling singles.
  •