Drive

Started by pamela, July 31, 2011, 04:50:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

pamela

Hi Friends, It's been pretty quiet around here of late, let's hope someone can post a few songs, even Torben had to delete his song for lack of feed back, hope I wont have to do the same, anyway here is one taken from the Bio page, Drive by The Cars... Pam

http://www.box.net/shared/t11geifjz8qck12pylhu
  •  

admin

Quote from: pamela on July 31, 2011, 04:50:40 AM
Hi Friends, It's been pretty quiet around here of late, let's hope someone can post a few songs, even Torben had to delete his song for lack of feed back, hope I wont have to do the same, anyway here is one taken from the Bio page, Drive by The Cars... Pam                  

This kind of bothers me that Users will delete their posts because of  " no response "   ??? ???
Yamaha DGX-670 connected to a Yamaha MW12 Mixer connected to a pair of Yamaha MSP10's + Yamaha SW10 Subwoofer using Songbook+.
MacBook Pro  32 GB  1 Terabyte SSD
  •  

Eileen

Hi Ron
  He has done the same on another forum.I think the trouble is that some members belong to many forums and post the same song on all.If you have already heard this on another forum then you won't be inclined to comment again on a different place.It can become very time consuming.
  Very nicely done Pam
Genos and S970
  •  

pamela

Thank you very much Eileen for commenting, and to Ron, glad i didn't delete, but it certainly has been very quiet lately... Pam :D
  •  

torben

Hi

I only - really - delete a song when it has been on a site for a long, long time without any comments. This is just to save space in my Boxnet folder and recognizing that my upload is without any interest. I respect that. And anyway - it IS my song! ;)

But another ting is that I have had to change folder on my Boxnet account meaning that a lot of songs cannot be found anymore with the original link. If anyone wants to hear them, please tell me and I'll be happy to send the new link!  :)

By the way - this one is one of my favourite songs Pam, and you made a fine job!

Best regards

Torben
Torben
  •  

pamela

Thank you very much for your nice comments, and also for explaining your box.net problem... Pam ;)
  •  

torben

Dear Pam

allow me to make  few further comments here...

During the years that I have been uploading songs and made comments to others uploads, I have been accused of a lot of things.

First of all to be rude, too frank, to be non-sensitive and byous  and not responding fairly to other peoples uploads etc.

OK - I'll risque one more statement.

Among my friends in DK I'll allow myself to say that I'm generally considered to be a nice, liable and gentle fellow who supports his friends in their daily life in every way. This sounds a bit too nice, but ask my friends...

On these forums however I'm often considered to be suspiciouly mean, selfish, strange, obscure - in short A man, that is only seeking to promote himself and everybody else...

Sometimes - just sometimes - I really consider if it's worth the price. Why don't I just play my music alone, to me and my wife and friends and escape all these strange critics?  It would be so easier....

The answer? Because I want to hear what you (the world of keyboard players) can do - and what you think of my - more or less hopeless - uploads.
Torben
  •  

torben

Quote from: torben on August 03, 2011, 02:59:07 PM
Dear Pam

allow me to make  few further comments here...

During the years that I have been uploading songs and made comments to others uploads, I have been accused of a lot of things.

First of all to be rude, too frank, to be non-sensitive and byous  and not responding fairly to other peoples uploads etc.

OK - I'll risque one more statement.

Among my friends in DK I'll allow myself to say that I'm generally considered to be a nice, liable and gentle fellow who supports his friends in their daily life in every way. This sounds a bit too nice, but ask my friends...

On these forums however I'm often considered to be suspiciouly mean, selfish, strange, obscure - in short A man, that is only seeking to promote himself and to embarass everybody else...

Sometimes - just sometimes - I really consider if it's worth the price. Why don't I just play my music alone, to me and my wife and friends and escape all these strange critics?  It would be so much easier....

The answer? Because I want to hear what you (the world of keyboard players) can do - and what you think of my - more or less hopeless - uploads.

Sorry for these remarks - but I just had to speak out...

Torben

Torben
  •  

Steenjo

First of all..Pam when I was young and spend my weekends on the local dancefloor The Cars was one of my favoritebands, and I really liked listen to your relaxed version of drive..Nice playing as always from you :)

Torben I have heard many of your's upload and in my oppinion you are 1 of the top artist uploading in here, I've seen you comment's to other uploads, and I don't consider them as rude. But isen't it so, that in all kinda forum there sometime is some misunderstanding of the writing word?
Continue uploading,and I willcontinue listening, and maybe be better to reply what I hear..mostly I just forget to write back, and just listening to the songs, and wish I would be abble to play like that some day :)

Steen
  •  

pamela

Thank you very much Steen for commenting, very nice of you... Pam ;)
  •  

sgyam309ak

Hello to you all.

It has been a long time since I have commented on anybody's post.
I enjoy them all. Some are excellent, some of them not, but they are all better than my song.
Also, I have been very busy this summer and my poor CVP309 is collecting a lot of dust.
My wife, who does not play,is the only one who touches the instrument, just to clean it!
Anyway, this post I could not let go.
Pam, first of all, a nice job on this song. I like your style and your talent.
Now a short reply to Torben. My friend, you are still "The Master" in my book and over the years I have always enjoyed your music. Especially your translation of the Classics.
Never did you come about as being rude, selfish, etc. etc. Just the contrary, your comments are honest and I respect that.
Alex
  •  

pamela

Thank you very Alex for commenting on my song... Pam ;)
  •  

trebor1950

Pam at her best - loved it.

Rob
  •  

pamela

Thank you very much Rob,and glad to see you are still around... Pam ;) ;)
  •