Karen Souza

Started by admin, March 02, 2020, 10:04:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

admin

Karen Souza

[ You are not allowed to view this attachment ]

Karen Souza (born January 10, 1984) is a jazz singer from La Pampa, Argentina.

Souza began her career by providing vocals for producers of electronic music. Under the pseudonyms Privé, Pacha Ibiza, and FTV (FashionTV) she sang lounge jazz versions of hits songs from the 1970s, 80s, and 90s, such as "Personal Jesus" by Depeche Mode and "Do You Really Want to Hurt Me" by Culture Club.

In 2010, she played several shows at Tokyo's Blue Note Café and was signed for Japan by JVC Victor. She was also extensively touring Latin America, playing gigs in Venezuela, Brazil,

In 2013, she spent two months touring throughout Mexico.  While she was known for her jazz renditions of 1980s hits, her repertoire includes a number of her own songs, such as "Paris", "Break my Heart" and "Lie to Me".

Her version of "Creep" by Radiohead was used extensively in the film The Zero Theorem (2013). Terry Gilliam, who directed the film, was unfamiliar with the original.
Yamaha DGX-670 connected to a Yamaha MW12 Mixer connected to a pair of Yamaha MSP10's + Yamaha SW10 Subwoofer using Songbook+.
MacBook Pro  32 GB  1 Terabyte SSD
  •  

admin

Yamaha DGX-670 connected to a Yamaha MW12 Mixer connected to a pair of Yamaha MSP10's + Yamaha SW10 Subwoofer using Songbook+.
MacBook Pro  32 GB  1 Terabyte SSD
  •