Umberto Balsamo

Started by Geno, February 06, 2017, 03:37:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Geno

[ You are not allowed to view this attachment ]

Umberto Balsamo (Catania, 10 March 1942) is an Italian singer-songwriter.

Born in Catania in 1942, the youngest of a large family, a passion for music manifested very early in Balsamo, who, after having bought his first guitar at sixteen began to take music lessons from Vito Falcone. In 1963 he moved to Milan, where he took his first steps in the music business by working for a couple of years with the lyricist said Luciano Beretta. Two of the best known songs were born from this collaboration are the first love letter written in 1966 by Orietta Berti, and Life (engraved in 1977 by Mortal Coil).

In 1968 Umberto attempts a first time singing career recording for Ri-Fi, under the name of Bob Black, the 45 with the tracks My heart rests and all that goes virtually unnoticed. In the same year his song First love is selected by Gianni Sanjust, artistic director at Memories, for the event a disc for the summer. First love, who will be played by Milva the following year, fruit Balsamo its first major contract as its composer with Ricordi.

In 1969 he composed the music of Umberto Eyes blacks, blacks eyes, Alberto Testa text, song, presented by Mal to "Canzonissima", he becomes one of the biggest hits of the English artist. In 1971, with Amare less, signs of Jeopardy, signing the record relaunch of Peppino di Capri. 1972 instead Tomorrow we begin again, a song that Umberto writes for Domenico Modugno, its myth of all time. Expiry of the contract with Ricordi, that same year Umberto signing a contract with Las Vegas not only as a writer but also as a singer and is presented to a disc for the summer: his If I were different achieves success with critics and the public .

Love at the Sanremo Festival in 1973 Umberto is present as an author no less than 3 songs: My (played by the same Balsamo), Sweet Fruit (Rich and Poor) and You, in my life (Wess and Dori Ghezzi). Moved to Polydor, the next A Disco for the summer presents Liars We who will become one of his best-known hit. Also in 1974 Balsamo wins Telegatto as revelation of the year. In 1975 the singer-songwriter Catanese wrote and recorded birth, in the race to a disc for the summer song for the theme addressed (the love triangle), it undergoes a censure by the Rai.

While in Italy the song goes unnoticed abroad they are made multiple versions, performed in different languages, from different artists. In 1976 Balsamo proposes to Mina the song The Blue Angel, which he wrote with Cristiano Malgioglio. Rejected by the singer from Cremona, the song became one of the biggest hits of the same balm that includes in its album In spite of everything ... the Blue Angel (1977). In 1978 he released his fourth album Twilight of Love, which was extracted 45 Twilight - Love.

1979 is the year of Balla, the most famous song by the Catania, who, in spite of the doubts of Phonogram, with its rhythm tarantella conquers the public and sells over a million copies. In the eighties public Balsamo Planets and never again and then take a break of about ten years during which he took refuge in a village Brianza (Usmate Velate). Inactivity is interrupted, however, to write a few songs including: Nun chiagnere, Jesus will be born and Italy presented at the Sanremo Festival in 1988 respectively by Peppino di Capri, the Rich and the Poor and Mino Reitano. He wrote a great success of Orietta Berti "Future" presented to her at the Sanremo Festival in 1986.

He wrote with Malgioglio Oh that I brought from Mortal Coil in the Sanremo Festival 1984. The Italian song presented by Mino Reitano in Sanremo 88 was to be sung by Pavarotti. In the eighties he became a producer and songwriter for Orietta Berti, which affect 3 discs: My new songs in 1984, in 1986 the Future (album), in 1989 I as a woman. In the nineties Balsamo realizes Breathing night moon and proposes a new version of Balla. After nearly another decade of silence, in 2003 public I would open the sky Saturday evening rose thorn. Shortly after, however, the latter work is withdrawn from the market by the same balm that, according to the official website, "being a perfectionist, is not fully satisfied of the final product"
  •  

Geno

Balla - Umberto Balsamo

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oy4iu-qYveY

1979 is the year of Balla, the most famous song by the Catania, who, in spite of the doubts of Phonogram, with its rhythm tarantella conquers the public and sells over a million copies.
  •  

admin

Italian - UMBERTO BALSAMO - BALLA
Yamaha DGX-670 connected to a Yamaha MW12 Mixer connected to a pair of Yamaha MSP10's + Yamaha SW10 Subwoofer using Songbook+.
MacBook Pro  32 GB  1 Terabyte SSD
  •  
    The following users thanked this post: luisil

admin

Yamaha DGX-670 connected to a Yamaha MW12 Mixer connected to a pair of Yamaha MSP10's + Yamaha SW10 Subwoofer using Songbook+.
MacBook Pro  32 GB  1 Terabyte SSD
  •  
    The following users thanked this post: luisil, Jes