The Rogers

Started by Geno, February 03, 2017, 08:33:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Geno

[ You are not allowed to view this attachment ]

The Rogers were among the most famous Piedmont bands music beat; They continued their activities even in the next decade, changing gender, under various names (The Rogers, Frankie & the Rogers, New Rogers).

The group formed in 1965 in Romano Canavese; The first official training includes: Gerardo Monteforte (lead guitar and vocals); Giorgio Bussacchetti (guitar); Pierino (do not know the surname - the low -); Piergiorgio Vogliano (sax and vocals); Nico Calisi (drums); Bruno Bosio (organ). In the cover photo of the first record the bass player does not appear.

They are discovered by musician Mario Piovano, that produces them and look for a label; obtained a contract with the Kansas, very careful to label Piedmont complex, debuted with the first 45 laps in 1966. The disc contained two songs: "How much I cried," and "If you will let me." After this recording bassist (Pierino); saxophonist (Piergiorgio Vogliano) of Cossano (TO) and drummer (Nico Calisi) of Ivrea are unwilling to deal with the life of a professional musician. Piergiorgio Vogliano is not replaced; as they enter the group Reposi Carlo (drums) Aosta Valley Pont Saint Martin, which had live experiences with a group, the Rebels), and Romy Regruto (bass), Chiaverano. About the first album, says Nico Calisi (drums), and in the recording studio there were also chameleons and Ricky Maiocchi, front man of the Chameleons, the arranged the drum mics.

The two new musicians make their debut in the second 45, which contains three songs including But who, with music written by Adriano Celentano, and a cover of Walking the dog Rufus Thomas, If you want to return to me; appearing in several television shows, including Who knows who knows.

With the back of their third 45 laps (the first recorded with the new singer Frankie), I do not ask for help, song rhythm 'n' blues, participating in the radio show yellow flag winning a bet.

After switching to Bentler, participating in Cantagiro 1967 with the song Ask me everything under the name Frankie & the Rogers, chosen because the event had already entered many complex and the organization preferred to have a lead singer in a more (although in fact always accompanied by the group).

In 1967 he joined the band as a Hammond organ player of the promising Alvaro Ventura just seventeen, that will stay until 1972, recorded their first album, entitled finally arrive Rogers; more and that year they released their 45s most successful, Guarda (written by Domenico Turi and Serengay Golino), and accompanied on tour Don Backy. In the recordings of "Watch" over the organist Alvaro Ventura concert and activity of that period, for about a year we find the battery Mario Fasciano, drummer Neapolitan Jews and EPAP Group.
  •  

Geno

Guarda - The Rogers

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bFVx6_lVejw

In 1967 they released their 45s most successful, Guarda (written by Domenico Turi and Serengay Golino), and accompanied on tour Don Backy. In the recordings of "Watch" over the organist Alvaro Ventura concert and activity of that period, for about a year we find the battery Mario Fasciano, drummer Neapolitan Jews and EPAP Group.
  •