Cilla Black

Started by Ron Phillipchuk, August 11, 2018, 07:52:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ron Phillipchuk

[ You are not allowed to view this attachment ]

Cilla Black, stage name of Priscilla Maria Veronica White (Liverpool, 27 May 1943 - Marbella, 1 August 2015), was a British singer, actress and TV presenter, known in the sixties for her closeness to the band The Beatles and at Merseysound, the musical genre born in the British city by the river Mersey.

Together with Dusty Springfield is considered one of the greatest artists of the so-called British Pop. She was also a television personality and appeared as an actress in the 1970s in various situations comedy.

The daughter of an unloader at the port of Liverpool [1], she began to sing when she was still very young, encouraged by her parents.

He worked first as a secretary at a telephone company, and at the same time found time to perform as a singer along with some of the most prestigious groups in Liverpool: he debuted at the Iron Door singing with Rory Storm and the Hurricanes, in other clubs alongside the Big Three and Kingsize Taylor and the Dominoes, making themselves known and appearing in 1961 in an article published on Mersey Beat where, incorrectly indicated as Cilla Black, was defined as a promise of pop music [2].

Passionate about local groups, she found a place to look after the Cavern Club in Liverpool, the venue where the Beatles, still on their debut, performed regularly [3]. From the friendship born with John Lennon Cilla Black benefited: he auditioned with Abbey Road Studios technician Stuart Eltham, who later would work with her in tandem, then alternated by Geoff Emerick [4], and entered the stables of Brian Epstein who became his manager [5].

He turns off at his Marbella villa on August 2, 2015.
  •  

leonegle

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cBjceO5PYJY

"You're My World"
Single by Cilla Black
from the album The Best of Cilla Black
B-side    "Suffer Now I Must"
Released    May 1964
Format    7" single
Recorded    3 April 1964
Studio    Abbey Road Studios, London
Genre    Easy listening
Length    2:58
Label    Parlophone (most countries)
Capitol (US/Canada)
Songwriter(s)    Umberto Bindi, Gino Paoli, Carl Sigman
Producer(s)    George Martin
Cilla Black singles chronology
"Anyone Who Had a Heart"
(1964)    "You're My World"
(1964)    "It's for You"
(1964)
"You're My World" is a ballad originally recorded in 1963 as "Il Mio Mondo" ("My World") by Umberto Bindi, who co-wrote the Italian-language version with Gino Paoli. Rendered with English lyrics by Carl Sigman as "You're My World", the song has reached No. 1 in Australia (twice), Belgium, Mexico, Netherlands, South Africa and United Kingdom via recordings by Cilla Black, Daryl Braithwaite, Guys 'n' Dolls and Helen Reddy. (Black's and Reddy's versions reached the US Top 40 in 1964 and 1977, respectively.) The song also went to No. 1 in France and Spain via the respective translations "Ce monde" and "Mi Mundo", both sung by Richard Anthony.
  •  

montage

Again thanks for this song also a song that is not in my Library , but also this song i like to much

Thanks  for this song

This is  really Dutch  this what people think when the hear the name Holland  .

A  windmill.
  •