01 Forever and Ever
02 Rain and Tears
03 My only fascination
04 My friend the wind
05 Goodbye my love goodbye
06 Spring, summer, winter and fall
07 Quando l'amore diventa poesia
08 We Shall Dance

Artemios Ventouris "Demis" Roussos (in greek Αρτέμιος Bεντούρης Pούσσος; Alexandria, Egypt, June 15, 1946 - Athens, January 25, 2015) was a greek singer and bassist.

Demis Roussos was able to express the Greek past and the beauty of the land in which he lived through a poetic and sweet song, loaned to diverse genres, from progressive rock, disco music, the many variants of pop. As a bass player has a style reminiscent of the sounds and Paul McCartney technique and Brian Wilson.

Born in Egypt to parents of Greek origin, he returned to the country of origin after the loss of all household belongings, following the Suez Crisis of 1956.

Roussos in his youth he learned music theory and had learned to play the guitar and trumpet, also becoming a solo singer in the choir of the Byzantine church of Alexandria.

Greece Demis Roussos went into several bands (The Idols, Minis, Stormies, We Five and especially Aphrodite's Child), before starting a solo career.

The group of Aphrodite's Child, which has been part of their origin until its dissolution, produced individual planetary success as It's Five O'Clock, Rain And Tears, Spring, Summer, Winter And Fall, I Want To Live, etc, and an album, 666, considered by audiences and critics as a masterpiece.

Keyboardist of Aphrodite's Child, Vangelis Papathanassiou, become famous composer of soundtracks as Vangelis (notable among others: Chariots of Fire, Blade Runner, Alexander).

Demis Roussos also appeared in solo albums by Vangelis. His greatest achievement was Race to the End, Voice adaptation of the theme of the soundtrack to Chariots of Fire (Chariots of Fire). His solo career has peaked in the seventies: he won the Festivalbar 1971 with We Shall Dance comes fourth in Austria. The single Forever and Ever was the first in the rankings of many countries (including the UK Singles Chart with the Extended play The Roussos Phenomenon in 1976), according to the Netherlands and fourth in Austria in 1973. Other successes were My Friend the Wind before in Netherlands for two weeks and seventh in Germany in 1973, My Reason first in the Netherlands for three weeks in 1972, Lovely Lady of Arcadia that in version Schönes Mädchen aus Arcadia comes first for three weeks in the Netherlands, the second in Switzerland, sixth in Germany and seventh in Austria in 1973 and Goodbye My Love, Goodbye first in Switzerland for 12 weeks and in Germany, second in Austria and third in Norway. Someday Somewhere that were well known in 1974 finished second in the Netherlands, Auf Wiederseh'n sixth in the Netherlands in 1974, Perdoname sixth in the Netherlands in 1975, Happy to Be on an Island in the Sun fifth in the UK Singles Chart in 1975, When Forever Has Gone second in the UK in 1976 and also a version of Lost in Love of Air Supply comes fourth in the Netherlands in 1980.

He was among the passengers of the hijacked TWA Flight 847 on June 14, 1985. Sensing a turning point in his life, Demis Roussos embarked on an operation to relaunch his image with the LP Time, which was a moderate success and the single disco Dance of Love. In 1988 the single Quand je t'aime finished third in France and in 1990 On écrit sur les murs fourth in France.

He is granted the nineties saw further substantial outputs: with BR Music in the Netherlands to produce Immortal, Serenade and In Holland, using a variety of ethnic and electronic styles tools.

Demis Roussos continued to record and perform live until just before his death. In the spring of 2002 he made a tour of the UK. In the same year she made a duet with Ivana Spagna in the song Tears of Love, entered the album of Woman singer.

September 19, 2008 was among the guests of the transmission of RAI's best years and thanked the Italian public because in Italy he began his successful career as a soloist. Great return to The Best Years in the evening of October 31 and in the final of 5 December 2008; in subsequent editions it reappeared in bets on 5 November and 17 December 2010: in the latter has revived its great success Forever and ever.

after a long illness, he died in a clinic in Athens January 25, 2015 at the age of 68 years.
  •  

montage

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F3vCB3YBMUo
Forever and Ever is an album by Greek singer Demis Roussos. It was released in 1973 on Philips Records. A greatly popular album, it also topped the international albums charts in Germany, Netherlands and Norway and was number 2 in Austria.
  •  

montage

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UTdkDwyteYA

Roussos was born and raised in Alexandria, Egypt, in a Greek[3][4] family where his father George (Yorgos Roussos) was a classical guitarist and an engineer and his mother Olga was a singer; her family originally came from Greece.[3] As a child, he studied music and joined the Greek Church Byzantine choir in Alexandria.[5][6] His formative years in the ancient port city's cosmopolitan atmosphere were influenced by jazz, but also traditional Arab and Greek Orthodox music.[7] His parents lost their possessions during the Suez Crisis and consequently decided to move to Greece.
Italian Version Lacrime e Pioggia
  •  

montage

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E79ixUF45A8

After settling in Greece, Roussos participated in a series of musical groups beginning with The Idols when he was 17, where he met Evangelos Papathanassiou (later known as Vangelis) and Loukas Sideras, his future bandmates in Aphrodite's Child.[9] After this he joined the Athens band, We Five, another cover band which had limited success in Greece.[10]
Roussos came to a wider audience in 1967 when he joined progressive rock band Aphrodite's Child, with Vangelis and Loukas Sideras, initially as a singer but later also playing bass guitar, achieving commercial success in France and other parts of Europe from 1968 to 1972. They set off for London to break into the international music scene but were turned back at Dover due to visa problems. They retreated to Paris where they decided to stay, signing a record deal there with Philips Records. Their first recording sessions were delayed by the general strike of May 1968 but later the same year the song "Rain and Tears" was issued across Europe. The song appeared on the album End of the World in October. Composed by Vangelis and the French lyricist Boris Bergman, the song featured Roussos's unusual high tenor. The song was only a minor hit in Britain but was successful in many other countries.[10] Roussos's operatic vocal style helped propel the band to international success, notably on their final album 666, based on passages from the Book of Revelation, which became a progressive rock cult classic.[10]
After Aphrodite's Child disbanded, Roussos continued to record sporadically with his former bandmate Vangelis. In 1970 the two released the film score album Sex Power (the album has also been credited to Aphrodite's Child) and also recorded the 1977 album Magic together. Their most successful collaboration was "Race to the End" (also sung in Spanish as "Tu Libertad"), a vocal adaptation of the musical theme from the Oscar-winning film Chariots of Fire, while Roussos also guested on the soundtrack to Blade Runner (1982), with a song entitled "Tales of the Future".[11]
  •  

montage

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CTgloMcGh7k

My friend the wind will come from the hills
When dawn will rise, he'll wake me again
My friend the wind will tell me a secret
He shares with me, he shares with me

My friend the wind will come from the north
With words of love, she whispered for me
My friend the wind will say she loves me
And me alone, and me alone

I'll hear her voice and the words
That he brings from Helenimou
Sweet as a kiss are the songs of Aghapimou
Soft as the dew is the touch of Manoulamou
Oh oh oh

We'll share a dream where I'm never away from Helenimou
Blue are the days like the eyes of Aghapimou
Far from the world will I live with Manoulamou
Oh oh oh

My friend the wind go back to the hills
And tell my love a day will soon come
Oh friendly wind you tell her a secret
You know so well, oh you know so well

I'll hear her voice and the words
That he brings from Helenimou
Sweet as a kiss are the songs of Aghapimou
Soft as the dew is the touch of Manoulamou
Oh oh oh
  •  

montage

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XXfPO-thpZo
Hear the wind sing a sad, old song
It knows i'm leaving you today
Please don't cry or my heart will break
When I go on my way

Chorus:
Goodbye my love goodbye
Goodbye and au revoir
As long as you remember me
I'll never be too far

Goodbye my love goodbye
I always will be true
So hold me in your dreams
'till I come back to you

See the stars in the skies above
They'll shine wherever I may roam
I will pray every lonely night
That soon they'll guide me home

•  

leonegle

Spring, summer, winter and fall - Demis Roussos

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1jGdJw5SbWE

Spring Summer Fall Winter and that comes first in Italy for two weeks
The formula for success was mainly in sounds almost Hammond organ Church of Vangelis, and the voice of Roussos, interesting for the use of falsetto, one of the most fascinating pop scene of the period.
  •  

leonegle

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0fsw3LGKK94

Their success in the Italian peninsula prompted them to make two covers of very famous Italian songs and there arose a new 45s, when love becomes poetry / Out of sight, strengthening their reputation in Italy.
  •  

leonegle

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vgdYaWVVe9g

We Shall Dance is a song recorded in 1971 by Demis Roussos and released as a single from the album Fire and Ice. authors of the song are the same Demis Roussos (author of the melody), Harry Chalkitis and Boris Bergman (author of the text).

The song won the victory in the edition of the Festivalbar that year, mind the single, produced by the same Demis Roussos and Jean-Claude Desmarty and published on the Philips Records label. , He reached the second place on the charts in Italy and the fourth in the Netherlands

The song was later included as a bonus track also in some versions of the album of Roussos 1973 Forever and Ever and was republished in 45 rounds (with another song as a B-side) in 1987.

The text states that it is time to dance when they arrived best times (waited expectantly) and that the dance will be just the way to celebrate.
  •