Gregorian Choir voices- UVNs available from VST Symphony of Voices MMS, OHS, EES

Started by epereirajle, August 09, 2011, 11:58:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

epereirajle

Dear Friends!

This is my first conversion of samples to Yamaha from VST - Spectrasonics Symphony of Voices.

Some tweak was done and I believe the result is nice. (for L hand need to change octave to +2 to have the best pitch)

Please give your opinion in order I can improve my next conversions!

Greetings from Brazil!

Eduardo

(uvn updated on aug-10 - velocity sensitivity adjusted)
  •  

epereirajle

Here is a small simple demo. :)
  •  

jammie

It sounds great. I am very fond off choirs sounds if more please do send :D :D :D
  •  

bazt

Hi Eduardo,
Yes, sounds brilliant. Keep em coming.  I recently posted a link to some sample downloads and yours sounds just as good.
Well done, if this is your first attempt, can't wait to see what you can do "next week". LOL

Tried it... Doesn't work on my T3 BAH! Anybody help me, Eileen maybe>

Barrie T
  •  

pamela

Thank you very much Eduardo, you are very clever, this is a lovely sound, and to Barrie, the sound is designed for Tyros4, because it is a UVN file you need a TVN for Tyros3, I don't know of a program to convert back to TVN... Pam
  •  

epereirajle

Thank you my friends.

I fell happy I can contribute a little bit to this great forum.

I will adjust better the velocity sensitivity of this choir voice, since I did it in a hurry yesterday and of course, will convert some more choir voices soon. :)

By the way Barry, IÃ,´m uploading the TVN version at night after I go home, but itÃ,´s not tweaked (without reverb, different octave, samples not configured to full keyboard), but itÃ,´s not so difficult to edit these parameters.
You can help us with this or maybe somebody else can.

I noticed these VST choir voices work well within about 2 octaves, out of this range donÃ,´t sound so natural. Maybe I will try it with the more samples version (can reach 32MB, but I think itÃ,´s too big. Maybe with about 9MB I have better result)

Greetings from Brazil.

Eduardo
  •  

tomtomsf

Thank you, Eduardo! I will look forward to trying out your choir voice on my T4.
It's very kind of you to share this with us!
:)

Tom G.

Quote from: epereirajle on August 09, 2011, 11:58:22 PM
Dear Friends!

This is my first conversion of samples to Yamaha from VST - Spectrasonics Symphony of Voices.

Some tweak was done and I believe the result is nice. (for L hand need to change octave to +2 to have the best pitch)

Please give your opinion in order I can improve my next conversions!

Greetings from Brazil!

Eduardo
  •  

epereirajle

Hi again!

I have here some more, I hope you like them.  :)

When I have more time I will try to improve them a bit more (some velocity sensibility adjustments needed), but I think they are quite good anyway.

I ketp the original name from VST in order to remember wich of the patches I already converted, although I'm aware they are not good to remember at the kb.

I think the MMS with some adjust can be used for Enya songs.

Best regards!

Eduardo

PLEASE HEAR THE DEMOS ;) AND GIVE YOUR OPINION!
  •  

epereirajle

Dear Barry,

As promised, here are the TVN's, but they are not adjusted unfortunately.

You need to load them to your KB, select the voice at R1, open voice voice creator, custom voice assembly, voice set, at COMMON tab you adjust Touch sense (depth and offset) at your taste, at EFFECT/EQ tab put some reverb (I put around 70-80) and a little bit of chorus (I put about 6-10). click EXIT and after store. You can overwrite the original TVN.

That is it.

The last 3 voices, in 2 of them the original sample range covered full kb, so its not needed to change anything about the samples. At the first choir voce I posted and at EEE voice, some keys produced no sound originaly, so I changed the key range for the first and last sample to have song in full keyboard, besides it sounded good only in about 2 octaves.

For L part, you need to change the octave until find the best one thet sound more natural.

I hope the explanation can help you :)

AND HOW CAN YOU CONVERT your own samples? I used EXTREME SAMPLE CONVERTER (V 2.91 if I'm not mistaken) that convert some sample formats to TVN. So I searched for this choir sample library and fortunately found it. :)  It is in NKI Kontakt format (old version) that can be load at the conversion software. I will look for more nice voices to convert. A good place to find sample libs is vstclub.com. A little research and time and anyone can do it :)

Best regards

Eduardo
  •  

bazt

Eduardo,
Just to put everyone right, and Eileen should know this, T3 uses UVN format for expansion voices, NOT TVN as Pam said. I am grateful that you went to the trouble to upload them.  They will work on T2 keyboards.
I have successfully loaded various UVN voices in the past, but I think (and I'm not sure) the format of T4 UVN is not the same.  However, T3 UVN's can be used by T4, unfortunately not the other way around. T3 uses 8 layers and I think T4 uses more (not sure), therefore it can't load into T3.
I get a warning after attempting to load your previous download " FORMAT INCOMPATIBLE " on the T3. I hope this clears up any misunderstanding on this matter.

Barrie T

P.S. I have full 1GB of ram installed
  •  

epereirajle

Hi Barry!

Actually I converted from TVN to UVN using the Tyros4 conversion software (found at Yamaha support).  You could do the same, but using Tyros3 conversion software, so you will have your UVN working.

At Yamaha website (support section).
English   Software   Tyros3 FileConverter ver.1.0.0   499.27 KB   11/16/2009

Even if I used the TY3 convertion software, after I import, adjust and export the UVN, it would assume TY4 format.

IÃ,´m sure you can convert easily TVN to TY3 format and so import to your kb and after make the adjustments. You can have identical result as mine version :)

Best regards!

Eduardo

•  

pamela

Hi Eduardo, I am so grateful for that Gregorian Chant that I recorded Largo from The New World and it's now on the musical performance section, the Gregorian Chant is on the first part... Pam ;)
  •  

epereirajle

Dear Pam!

IÃ,´m glad you liked and it was useful in your performance :)

I believe Yamaha could provide us even better voice than this but I coudnÃ,´t find any similar at TY4.

IÃ,´m still learning how to convert voices and IÃ,´m sure I can contribute more soon!

Greetings from Brazil!

Eduardo
  •  

bazt

Hi Eduardo,

Downloaded TVN's and converted them with programme, as suggested and it WORKED.
    Keep those voices coming.... I'm sure I am not alone with my need for extra voices, that don't cost a packet.

Thank you very much for the uploads.

Barrie T
  •  

epereirajle

Hi Barrie!

I'm happy you get them working! :)  I hope you had no difficuly to tweak them to your kb.

More will come soon.

I've also updated (made some adjusts) these and will update the files here asap.

Best regards!

Eduardo

•  

rubengiu

Thanks Eduardo! great job! please post more samples like this they are very usefull!  :smiley-happy110:
Abraço.
Ruben
rubengiu@yahoo.com
  •