Caruso

Started by torben, March 04, 2013, 11:40:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

torben

Hi friends

here is a song that became (extra) famous when "Charlotte and Jonathan" sang it in the semi final in May 2012 at "Britain's got talent" ....

https://www.box.com/s/b1p50x3cfq5vm1we44j1

The song was written by the Italian singer-songwriter Lucio Dalla in 1986. It is dedicated to Enrico Caruso, a legend of the Italian Opera who was one of the greatest and most sought-after singers during the late 19th and early 20th century. Caruso was born to a very poor family in Naples. He had several love affairs with prominent married women. These love affairs often ended badly. With Ada Giachetti (his most passionate and longest love affair) who was already married, he had two sons, but in the end she left him for their chauffeur. Then he met and wed a woman 20 years his junior, Dorothy Park Benjamin, just a few years before he died, whom Lucio Dalla describes in this song "Caruso". With her he had a daughter named Gloria. 

The song simply tells about the pain and longings of a man who is about to die while he is looking into the eyes of a girl who was very dear to him... 

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sTSZAoi5udM

Kind regards

Torben
Torben
  •  

jos

Hey  Torben

Very Nice,very nice

greetz jos
  •  

pamela

Hi Torben, A very enjoyable listen... Pam :smiley-happy110:
  •  

torben

Hi Pam and Jos

thanks - this is such a nice song. And reading the lyrics you just have to cry your heart out --- :(

Cheers

Torben
Torben
  •  

Ron Weir

A very lovely song, but... Better if it had been sung in a quieter, smoother voice, I feel.   A dying person is unlikely to sing so loudly.  Just my response.

Ron
  •  

torben

Hi Ron

I agree - but we are not Italians! Apparently they want to leave this world shouting!!!!  :(

Best regards

Torben
Torben
  •  

SAURIMONDE

:)
Hi Torben

Great song taken from the bel canto

You could make a very small intro (4 notes at the beginning) and it was perfect.  :smiley-music022:

You did a beautiful modern orchestration and its very well played.

Bravo

André
  •  

torben

Dear André

thanks for your kind review and advice. Yes, a short intro would do the job  :)

Take care!

Torben  8)
Torben
  •  

flavtop

Hi torben,

Great job !!!

But what style you use for this song ?

Thanks

flavtop
  •  

torben

Hi Flavtop (?)

Sorry for the late response but I use the style EPBallad (Tyros4).

Kind regards

Torben
Torben
  •