Mino Reitano

Started by Geno, February 09, 2017, 05:45:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Geno

[ You are not allowed to view this attachment ]

Benjamin Reitano, known as Mino (San Pietro di Fiumara, December 7, 1944 - Agrate Brianza, January 27, 2009), was a singer, composer and Italian actor.

Artist known for his overflowing vitality and exuberance for the nice of her performances, is considered an icon of the national-popular Italian music. The main themes of his songs are love in the romantic sense, the South and the emigrant eradication.

Author of the music of almost all the songs he recorded (often in collaboration with the brothers Franco and Mimmo), also wrote songs for other artists, of which the best known is the more reason written with Franco Califano for Ornella Vanoni, considered an evergreen of Italian pop music, and even well-known songs for children, such as "the alarm clock naughty"

In 1965 participates in the Festival of Castrocaro singing in English It's over to Roy Orbison, without winning but finishing in the final.

Obtained a contract with Discs Remember, public in 1966. The end of everything, the Italian version of It's over, and the following year he debuted at the Sanremo Festival with a song written by Mogol and Lucio Battisti, I do not pray for me, in pairs with The Hollies.

When I participated in the summer with a woman at Cantagiro 1967. He then transferred to the Ariston Records Alfredo Rossi and in 1968 in the hit parade with a heart I had (that I loved so much) (published at the end of last year and which returns to Cantagiro) and a guitar, one hundred illusions, exceeding the 500,000 copies sold and then gets the silver disc [8]. It is thanks to the success of these songs that bought, along with dad and brothers Rocco, a plot of land in Agrate Brianza, where he built what was called the "Village Reitano" which since 1969 houses the various generations of the Reitano family.

Mino Reitano Alfredo Rossi receives from the silver disc for the 500,000 copies sold of a guitar, one hundred illusions (in February 1969)
In the same year he wrote one of his most important songs, The Diary of Anne Frank, brought to success by Chameleons (and their place in their third 33 laps, published that year, I for her); writes also that boy who never smiles, brought to success by Alessandra Casaccia, and this love, engraved by Palma Calderoni.

In 1969 Reitano returns to the Sanremo Festival with a better night crying alone (together with Claudio Villa); in the same year he wrote the music for the more reason, brought to success by Ornella Vanoni (who again recorded the song in 2008 in duet with Giusy Ferreri for album More than me), on a text by Franco Califano and the same Vanoni , and publishes the LP sings Mino Reitano, which contains between songs a cover of Take his head in his hands, success of Riki Maiocchi always written by Mogol-Battisti.

In the summer of the same year he participated in Cantagiro 1969 with Daradan; the following year, he writes Reeds in the wind, brought to success by Giovanna. Another success for the period of People Fiumara, dedicated to his native country song.

Also in 1969, he achieves success as an author with Why did you do with text by Donata Giachini. The song, a semifinalist in a disc for the summer 1969 is certainly the best known of those engraved by Paul Mengoli.

From 1970 to 1975 he took part in six consecutive editions of a disc for the summer, always going beyond the preliminary stage. His first participation in 1970 with Hundred Strokes on your door, in 1971 won the eighth edition of the singing competition with was the time of blackberries, one of its best sellers. In the same year he wrote the song Now you laugh with me, by Paolo Mengoli the Disco for the summer and classificatasi among the twelve finalists. Back to Saint Vincent (where they held the finals of the event) in 1972 with Tonight no one laughs and no dancing (eighth place in the final), in 1973 with Three words to the wind (third place in the final), in 1974 with Love open face (semifinalist) and in 1975 with and if you want (third place in the final).

These are the years in which put together a number of good placings and awards (Cantagiro, Festivalbar, gold records and tours abroad). He also participates for eight years Canzonissima, always finishing at the top, getting the best finish Canzonissima 1973 where he won second place with If you knew my love.

In 1971 she reads even in a spaghetti western, Tara Poki of Amasis Damiani, also affecting the main song of the soundtrack, The Legend of Tara Poki. Three years later, he recorded Sweet Angel, cover of Sugar baby love, success of the Rubettes, and the following year released the album Dedicated to Frank that shows him on the cover with Frank Sinatra, with whom he had recently duet at a concert in Miami for the new year of 1974.
  •  

Geno

Una chitarra cento illusioni - Mino Reitano

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RRv8_ykxhBM

A guitar, one hundred illusions, which exceeds 500,000 copies sold and then gets the silver disc
  •