Taylor Dayne

Started by admin, May 16, 2017, 03:14:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

admin

[ You are not allowed to view this attachment ]

Leslie Wunderman (born March 7, 1962), better known by her recording and stage names Les Lee and Taylor Dayne, is an American pop and freestyle music singer-songwriter and actress. In late 1987, she scored her first major hit when her debut single "Tell It to My Heart" reached No. 7 on the Hot 100. She then went on to have a string of hits in the late 1980s and early 1990s, including the No. 1 Billboard hit "Love Will Lead You Back". Overall, she has had eighteen individual hit songs reach the top ten in Billboard magazine.

These include most recently, the 2011 American and international hit "Floor on Fire" and the 2008 song "Beautiful", which reached the top spot on the Billboard Hot Dance Club Play chart. She has also topped the U.S. Billboard Hot Dance Club Play chart three times. In December 2016, Billboard magazine ranked her as the 28th most successful dance artist of all-time.
Yamaha DGX-670 connected to a Yamaha MW12 Mixer connected to a pair of Yamaha MSP10's + Yamaha SW10 Subwoofer using Songbook+.
MacBook Pro  32 GB  1 Terabyte SSD
  •  

admin

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ud6sU3AclT4

"Tell It to My Heart" is a song performed by vocalist Taylor Dayne, released as her first single from her first album of the same name in late 1987. The single was Dayne's first major exposure, and she soon became known for her up-tempo, dance-oriented music.

The song was written by Chappell Music staff songwriter Seth Swirsky and Ernie Gold. Swirsky almost didn't deliver the song to his publisher after he and his girlfriend decided it was not good enough.

"Tell It To My Heart" reached Taylor Dayne when Dayne contacted Chappell Music and asked to be sent some demos which had been overlooked, although the song had been recorded in early 1987 by Louisa Florio for a self-titled Canadian album release. Dayne recalled feeling an immediate affinity with the song: "I thought there was something about the hook – it's a happy hook."

The track was recorded at Cove City Sound Studios in Glen Cove, Long Island. The track took off so unexpectedly in the fall of 1987 that Taylor was forced to complete her debut album at Cove City Sound in six weeks. Swirsky would also write, along with Arnie Roman, Dayne's follow-up single "Prove Your Love". For almost two months, only the 12-inch record of "Tell It to My Heart" with four mixes was available for purchase. That 12-inch sold 900,000 copies alone.

Dayne was nominated for a Grammy Award for Best Pop Vocal, Female for her performance on "Tell It to My Heart" in 1988. Producer Ric Wake said in a 1994 interview with Vibe magazine that Tell It To My Heart "really blew people away". Commenting on Taylor Dayne's voice he said "They thought she was, like, black or some kind of ethnic...".

The song was used in the national ad campaign for Cheetos in 2016.

Yamaha DGX-670 connected to a Yamaha MW12 Mixer connected to a pair of Yamaha MSP10's + Yamaha SW10 Subwoofer using Songbook+.
  •  

admin

•