David Paul Nicholas Dundas

Started by montage, April 21, 2017, 02:07:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

montage

[ You are not allowed to view this attachment ]

Lord David Paul Nicholas Dundas (born 2 June 1945 in Oxford, Oxfordshire, England) is an English musician and actor, known for his film and television scoring, having previously had chart success in the rock genre.

Dundas is the son of Lawrence Dundas, 3rd Marquess of Zetland and his wife Penelope Pike, and was educated at Harrow and the Central School of Speech and Drama. His 1976 single "Jeans On" reached No. 3 in the UK Singles Chart,  No. 17 on the US Billboard Hot 100, and No. 1 in the German Singles Charts, where the song remained 19 weeks in the Top Ten.

The song originally appeared as a television advertising jingle for Brutus Jeans  (the words used in the jingle - "I pull my Brutus jeans on" - were replaced with "I pull my old blue jeans on" for the single release). The single was later sampled by Fatboy Slim for his track "Sho Nuff" which was also used in an advertisement in 2006 for SEAT Ibiza. Dundas's follow-up single,

"Another Funny Honeymoon" was a medium-sized hit, reaching #29 in the UK.  Dundas performed the song live on the BBC Television show, Top of the Pops, in 1977. A later single, "Where Were You Today", based on a C&A radio commercial ("Come and C and A" being replaced by the song title) was less successful. Jingles made by Dundas for Capital Radio were played daily on the station in the 1970s:

•  

montage

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UWdcZqG02Ls

"Jeans On" is a song by British musician David Dundas from his 1977 self-titled debut album. Released as a single the previous year, it was first featured as a television advertising jingle for Brutus Jeans.  The popularity of the commercial eventually led to the recording of "Jeans On" as a full-length song, with some lyrical changes.

The single eventually became Dundas's biggest hit, peaking at #3 on the UK Singles Chart and #17 on the U.S. Billboard Hot 100.
Dundas also recorded a French language version of the song, titled "Blue Jeans".

The opening piano riff of the song was looped and sampled for British electronic musician Fatboy Slim's 1998 track "Sho Nuff"; as a result, Dundas is credited as a co-writer on the track.

The song is covered by Keith Urban in the 2002 album Golden Road.

•