I Just Called To Say I Love You

Started by pamela, February 27, 2011, 05:03:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

pamela

Hi Friends, Here is my version of Stevie Wonder's I Just Called To Say I Love You, played this one by ear, a rarity from me, hope you like it, I've added strings on channel 5...Pam

MP3                                                                                         http://www.4shared.com/audio/d4tBlHdl/PW_I_JUST_CALLED_TO_SAY_I_LOVE.html
  •  

torben

Hi Pam

very nice and smooth performance. There are a (very) few chord mistakes  :-[.  But very good playing by ear!

Best regards

Torben
Torben
  •  

pamela

Thank you very much for listening Torben and your comments, just had another listen and didn't notice any chord mistakes...Pam ;)
  •  

torben

Dear Pam

I do not want to be patronizing  ;) but I have included my suggestions for chords ...  :D

Hope you do not mind.  :(

Best regards

Torben
Torben
  •  

pamela

Hi Torben, Thanks for that, I played it in the key of C so will have to do some transposing to see how the chords compare...Pam ;)
  •  

leadingedge

Well Pam,  I can't play a single note without music so very well done.  I take my hat off to you.

I to have included some dots for you to try.  They may both be the same as I did not open them before attaching them.

Regards

Vic
PSR SX900, Tyros 4SE
EV Evolve 50M, Bose Model 2, Bose Compact.
  •  

leadingedge

Pam,  Some styles to try.  Bit of a mix up but they may worth a spin!

Happy Birthday Sweet 16 managed to tag itself on the bottom...

Vic
PSR SX900, Tyros 4SE
  •  

pamela

Thank you very much Vic for the pdf's and styles, I'll give them a try, and to Torben I used the score page to transpose to the key of G and played your chords, with the right hand and they were way out, try them yourself, here's the midi...Pam

Midi                                                                                    http://www.box.net/shared/go4jfqivjx
  •  

leadingedge

Hi there Pam,

Here are the dots I use as the basis for this number with great success.    I have also included my Tyros 3 registration for you to try.  On registration number 4 you have will have to replace a wave file that makes up one of the RH sounds.  It was a choir.

Hope this helps.

Vic
PSR SX900, Tyros 4SE
  •  

torben

Hi Pam

OK - here is a simple midi showing how I think the song should sound ... ;)

Have a great weekend

Torben
Torben
  •