Jack Greene

Started by admin, July 15, 2017, 01:34:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

admin

[ You are not allowed to view this attachment ]

Jack Henry Greene  (January 7, 1930 – March 14, 2013) was an American country musician.

Nicknamed the "Jolly Greene Giant" due to his height and deep voice, Greene was a long time member of the Grand Ole Opry. A three-time Grammy Award nominee,  Greene is best known for his 1966 hit, "There Goes My Everything". The song dominated the Country music charts for nearly two months in 1967 and earned Greene "Male Vocalist of the Year", "Single of the Year", "Album of the Year" and "Song of the Year" honors from the Country Music Association.

Greene had a total of five No. 1 country hits and three others that reached the top ten. Billboard magazine named Greene one of the Top 100 "Most Played Artists".
Yamaha DGX-670 connected to a Yamaha MW12 Mixer connected to a pair of Yamaha MSP10's + Yamaha SW10 Subwoofer using Songbook+.
MacBook Pro  32 GB  1 Terabyte SSD
  •  

admin

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t_SkF5igE6o

"There Goes My Everything" is a popular song written by Dallas Frazier and published in 1965.

The song is best known in a 1966 version by Jack Greene whose version spent seven weeks at the top of the US country music chart, with a total of twenty-one weeks on the chart.

It peaked at 65 on the Billboard Hot 100. The song also won several awards, including "Single of the Year" and "Song of the Year" at the very first CMA Awards presentation. In addition, the accompanying album of the same title won "Album of the Year", and Greene won "Male Vocalist of the Year". "There Goes My Everything" is now considered a country music standard, covered by many artists.
Yamaha DGX-670 connected to a Yamaha MW12 Mixer connected to a pair of Yamaha MSP10's + Yamaha SW10 Subwoofer using Songbook+.
MacBook Pro  32 GB  1 Terabyte SSD
  •