Real Thing

Started by kastelfan, October 05, 2008, 07:04:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

kastelfan

Hi !

Here is song style for  hit of 70Ã,´s  : The Real Thing - You to me are Everything

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=spcryAR-HHw

Have a nice day

Bogdan
  •  
    The following users thanked this post: luisil, Jes

montage

[ You are not allowed to view this attachment ]

The Real Thing are a British soul group formed in the 1970s.

In addition to a string of British hits, the band charted internationally with their song "You to Me Are Everything", which reached No. 1 on the UK Singles Chart, No. 28 on Billboard's R&B Singles chart and No. 64 on the Billboard Hot 100. By number of sales, they were the most successful black rock/soul act in England during the 1970s.

The journalist, author and founder of Mojo, Paul Du Noyer credits them alongside Deaf School with restoring "Liverpool's musical reputation in the 1970s" with their success.
  •  

montage

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yT1iDKkZNYU

"You to Me Are Everything" is a single by the British soul group The Real Thing. Written by Ken Gold and Michael Denne and produced by Ken Gold,  "You to Me Are Everything" was The Real Thing's sole number-one single in the UK Singles chart, spending three weeks at the top in July 1976.  A remixed version of the song returned to the chart in March 1986 reaching number five.

The song was a minor hit in the U.S. where it peaked at number 64 on the Billboard Hot 100 singles chart and number 28 on the Billboard R&B chart. One of the reasons for its lack of success in the U.S. was the flood of cover versions of the song released at the same time. American groups Broadway  and Revelation both released versions of the song the same week, and at one point all three versions of the song appeared on Billboard Hot 100 and R&B charts. With radio and the public unable to agree on a single popular version, the three singles effectively prevented each other from becoming a hit.

The song was subsequently covered by Frankie Valli, Sonia, Tiny Tim, Public Enemy, Sean Maguire and Andy Abraham. In 1997, the Italian songwriter Marina Rei successfully recorded "Primavera" ("Spring"), an Italian version of "You to Me Are Everything". A Finnish version entitled "Ei enempää voi pyytää" was recorded in 1978 by Petri Pettersson.
  •  

admin

:s_hi:
Yamaha DGX-670 connected to a Yamaha MW12 Mixer connected to a pair of Yamaha MSP10's + Yamaha SW10 Subwoofer using Songbook+.
MacBook Pro  32 GB  1 Terabyte SSD