Main Menu

Doors

Started by Ron Phillipchuk, January 09, 2017, 04:04:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ron Phillipchuk

[ You are not allowed to view this attachment ]

[move][glow=red,2,300]Songs Complete sets in this Topic from The Doors[/glow][/move]
01 = Light my fire
02 = Break On Through

The Doors were an American rock band formed in 1965 in Los Angeles, with vocalist Jim Morrison, keyboardist Ray Manzarek, guitarist Robby Krieger, and drummer John Densmore. The band got its name from the title of Aldous Huxley's book The Doors of Perception,  which itself was a reference to a quote made by William Blake, "If the doors of perception were cleansed, everything would appear to man as it is, infinite."  They were unique and among the most controversial and influential rock acts of the 1960s, mostly because of Morrison's lyrics and charismatic but unpredictable stage persona.

After Morrison's death in 1971 at age 27, the remaining members continued as a trio until disbanding in 1973.

Signing with Elektra Records in 1966, The Doors released eight albums between 1967 and 1971. All but one hit the Top 10 on the Billboard 200 and went platinum or better. Their self-titled debut album (1967) was their first in a series of Top 10 albums in the United States, followed by Strange Days (also 1967), Waiting for the Sun (1968), The Soft Parade (1969), Morrison Hotel (1970), Absolutely Live (1970) and L.A. Woman (1971), with 20 Gold, 14 Platinum, and 5 Multi-Platinum album awards in the United States alone. By the end of 1971, it was reported that The Doors had sold 4,190,457 albums domestically and 7,750,642 singles.

The band had three million-selling singles in the U.S. with "Light My Fire", "Hello, I Love You" and "Touch Me". After Morrison's death in 1971, the surviving trio released two albums Other Voices and Full Circle with Manzarek and Krieger sharing lead vocals. The three members also collaborated on the spoken word recording of Morrison's An American Prayer in 1978 and on the "Orange County Suite" for a 1997 boxed set.

Manzarek, Krieger and Densmore reunited in 2000 for an episode of VH1's "Storytellers" and subsequently recorded Stoned Immaculate: The Music of The Doors with a variety of vocalists.
Although the Doors' active career ended in 1973, their popularity has persisted. According to the RIAA, they have sold 33 million certified units in the US  and over 100 million records worldwide,  making them one of the best-selling bands of all time.

\ The Doors have been listed as one of the greatest artists of all time by many magazines, including Rolling Stone, which ranked them 41st on its list of the "100 Greatest Artists of All Time".  The Doors were the first American band to accumulate eight consecutive gold and platinum LP's.

In 2002, Manzarek and Krieger started playing together again, branding themselves as the Doors of the 21st Century, with Ian Astbury of the Cult on vocals. Densmore opted to sit out and, along with the Morrison estate, sued the duo over proper use of the band's name and won. After a short time as Riders On the Storm, they settled on the name Manzarek-Krieger and continued to tour until Manzarek's death in 2013 at the age of 74.

Three of the band's studio albums, the self-titled debut, L.A. Woman, and Strange Days, were featured in Rolling Stone's 500 Greatest Albums of All Time, at positions 42, 362, and 407 respectively. According to The Washington Post's Martin Weil, the band rose to the center of the counterculture of the 1960s. The Doors were inducted into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame in 1993.
  •  

montage

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=deB_u-to-IE

"Light My Fire" is a song by the Doors, which was recorded in August 1966 and released in January 1967 on their self-titled debut album. Released as an edited single in May 1967, it spent three weeks at number one on the Billboard Hot 100 chart in late July, and one week on the Cash Box Top 100, nearly a year after its recording.

A year later, it re-entered the Billboard Hot 100 in 1968 following the success of Jose Feliciano's version of the song (which peaked at number 3 on the Billboard chart), peaking at number 87. The song was largely written by Robby Krieger, and credited to the entire band. The single was certified gold by theRecording Industry Association of America in 1967, representing sales of one million units.

A live version was released in 1983 on their album Alive, She Cried, the first of several live albums released in subsequent decades to include the song. "Light My Fire" achieved modest success in Australia, where it peaked at number 22 on the ARIA chart.

The single originally reached number 49 in the UK in 1967, but experienced belated success in that country in 1991, when a reissue peaked at number 7. The reissue occurred on the back of revived interest in the band following Oliver Stone's film biopic The Doors. The song is number 35 on Rolling Stone's list of the 500 Greatest Songs of All Time.

It was included in the Songs of the Century list. José Feliciano's cover version won a 1969 Grammy Award for Best Male Pop Vocal Performance, the same year he won another Grammy for Best New Artist.
  •  

montage

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CbiPDSxFgd8

Break On Through (To the Other Side)" is a song by The Doors from their debut album, The Doors. It was the first single released by the band and was unsuccessful compared with later hits, reaching only number 126  in the United States. Despite this, it became a concert staple and remains one of the band's signature and most popular songs.

Twenty-four years after its original US release, "Break On Through" became a minor hit in the UK, peaking at number 64 in the singles chart.
  •  

admin

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4pEMd1SdkAE

"Roadhouse Blues" is a rock song written by Jim Morrison and recorded by the American rock band The Doors. The song, which appeared on the B-side of "You Make Me Real",  was first released as a single from the album Morrison Hotel in March 1970 and peaked at #50 on the U.S. Billboard Hot 100. The song quickly became a concert staple for the group.

It took two days to record the song (November 4–5, 1969) with producer Paul A. Rothchild striving for perfection. Several takes from these sessions were included on the new 2006 remastered album. Surprisingly, he does not comment on Morrison, who is apparently intoxicated, "going into full blues singer mode" in the words of engineer Bruce Botnick, improvising and simultaneously flubbing several lyrics and repeating the blues phrase "Money beats soul every time". The phrase can be found on the When You're Strange: Music from the Motion Picture soundtrack, with the next track being a live version of "Roadhouse Blues".

The sessions only took off on the second day, when resident Elektra guitarist Lonnie Mack joined in on bass and ex-Lovin' Spoonful frontman John Sebastian contributing harmonica (appearing under the pseudonym G. Puglese either out of loyalty to his recording contract or to avoid affiliation with The Doors after the infamous Miami controversy) joined in on the sessions and Manzarek switched from his Wurlitzer electric piano to a tack piano (the same used on The Beach Boys "Good Vibrations"). A studio version of the song with John Lee Hooker sharing vocals with Jim can be found on the Stoned Immaculate: The Music of The Doors album.

A recent misconception states that Lonnie Mack contributed the guitar solo on the track in addition to bass guitar. Mack himself stated that he had "played bass".  In actuality, guitarist Robbie Krieger is responsible for all guitar parts on "Roadhouse Blues" and Mack's contribution is limited to bass guitar, as always officially stated; Jim Morrison shouts "Do it, Robby, do it!" (especially audible on the official audio proof of DVD-Audio and SuperAudioCD where the single vocal track can be separated from other instruments) at the start of the guitar solo. The solo on record is representative of Krieger's fingerstyle playing and is identical to all his Roadhouse Blues solos played in the previous sessions the day before on 5th November 1969. Subsequent interviews with members of The Doors and Paul A. Rothchild confirm this.

The complete song was fully composed and rehearsed before Lonnie Mack was invited to play bass on "Roadhouse Blues" and "Maggie M'Gill" (Ray Neapolitan, regular bass player during Morrison Hotel sessions, couldn't arrive on time that day due to a traffic jam). Drummer John Densmore and guitarist Robbie Krieger provided additional details about the Roadhouse Blues sessions which are quoted here:

Lonnie sat down in front of the paisley baffles that soak up the sound. A hefty guy with a pencil-thin beard, he had on a wide-brimmed hat that had become his trademark. Lonnie Mack epitomized the blues---not the rural blues, but the city blues; he was bad. "I'll sing the lyrics for you", Jim [Morrison] offered meekly. [Morrison] was unusually shy. We all were, because to us, the guitar player we had asked to sit in with us was a living legend.

- Robby Krieger: Lonnie had quit the music business and was actually working for Elektra Records doing something. I know he sold Bibles for a while too. He was around the studio when we were getting ready to record "Roadhouse Blues," so we asked him to play bass. He did a great job, and got back into music after that.

- Bob Cianci: The Doors always used bass players in the studio, didn't they?

- Robby Krieger: Yes. Ray and I used to write the bass parts. On the first album, we used Larry Knechtel, the session guy. He passed away recently. On the second and third albums, we used Doug Lubahn from the band Clear Light. On the fourth, Harvey Brooks played bass, and we used Ray Neapolitan (on Morrison Hotel) and Jerry Scheff (on L.A. Woman) on the fifth and sixth albums. Jerry is probably best known for having played in Elvis's band for years.

A live version appearing later on the posthumous album An American Prayer and that same version again on In Concert and Greatest Hits. During this version, Jim Morrison talks for a short while to a female audience member about his Zodiac sign and, with a sudden, ironic twist that causes the audience to erupt in laughter, denounces his beliefs in it. The song was also featured twice in the movie The Doors; the studio version in the film, and the aforementioned live version over the end credits.

Yamaha DGX-670 connected to a Yamaha MW12 Mixer connected to a pair of Yamaha MSP10's + Yamaha SW10 Subwoofer using Songbook+.
MacBook Pro  32 GB  1 Terabyte SSD
  •  

admin

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lS-af9Q-zvQ

"Riders on the Storm" is a song by American psychedelic rock band The Doors.

It was released as the second single from their sixth studio album, L.A. Woman (1971), in June 1971. It reached number 14 on the Billboard Hot 100 in the U.S., number 22 on the UK Singles Chart, and number 7 in the Netherlands.
Yamaha DGX-670 connected to a Yamaha MW12 Mixer connected to a pair of Yamaha MSP10's + Yamaha SW10 Subwoofer using Songbook+.
  •  

admin

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SLdvnQD_eio

"Love Her Madly" is a song by The Doors that was released in March 1971.

Composed by guitarist Robby Krieger, it served as the lead single from L.A. Woman, their final album with frontman Jim Morrison. Session musician and TCB Band member Jerry Scheff played bass guitar on the song. "Love Her Madly" became one of the highest-charting hits for The Doors. It peaked at No. 11 on the Billboard Hot 100 singles chart and reached No. 3 in Canada.
  •  

admin

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8f1z-nHvt3c

"Hello, I Love You" is a song written by Jim Morrison of the American rock band the Doors from their 1968 album Waiting for the Sun. It was released as a single that same year, reaching number one in the United States and selling over a million copies in the U.S. alone. In Canada, it hit number one as well.  The single also became the band's first big UK hit, peaking at number fifteen on the chart.

This was one of six songs recorded by the proto-Doors band Rick & the Ravens on a demo for Aura Records in 1965, that the band shopped around Los Angeles record companies, eventually landing them a brief signing with Columbia Records. Sometimes the title is listed as "Hello, I Love You (Won't You Tell Me Your Name?)" or "Hello, I Love You, Won't You Tell Me Your Name?" The title that is printed depends on how early of a pressing the record is.

At the time the single was released, stereo 45 rpm records were generally unknown — especially in the Top 40 format. This recording by the Doors was promoted as the first rock 45 rpm record in stereo. It includes a long musical sweep about 1:20 into the song, starting at the left channel and panning across into the right channel, in a very ostentatious demonstration of stereo effect. This release, along with the Rascals' hit song, "A Beautiful Morning," are credited with initiating the industry changeover to stereo recordings as the norm for 45 rpm singles.
  •  

Organplayer

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=deB_u-to-IE

A Remake of this beautiful song one of my Favorites to play On My Genos

There is a little solo insite if it is to difficult it is no need to play the solo

But i am a Organplayer the solo must be in this great song

Really a good song wow
  •  

Organplayer

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cq8k-ZbsXDI

Beautiful beautiful song  This song take some time to make it was not a easy song  But it is done

It Is a Song Request Song upgrade And a great one

For this song i have 2 Great song styles that is why i also make 2 Pdf files for this song

The 2 pdf files belong to the 2 Song styles
  •