Roland E60 ''Demo'' Scarborough Fair''

Started by mrniceaneasy, June 04, 2008, 03:55:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mrniceaneasy

Well this is a Demo of the E60 if you like, a first recording on my new Roland E60 machine. Quick recorded 'live' into my Laptop and then converted to an mp3 file. Not ideal but the best I can do! 

''Scarborough fair'' using a standard waltz morphed. Hope you like this song!  :)

http://www.box.net/shared/9bky17pwo

•  

Eileen

Hi Keith
   That was very good Enjoyed it
      Eileen
Genos and S970
  •  

mrniceaneasy

Thanks Eileen. I guess it sort of showcases what this mid-range keyboard is capable of. :)

Imagine what it could do in an Expert's hands ;D

•  

Diki

Nice job there. A great tune, too!

You might want to take a look at your laptop's recording settings. This sounds like it was in mono, which isn't showing off the E60 to it's best...

I'm also a big believer in using the Recorder to 'capture' your performance first, then you can listen back at your own leisure to double-check if the volumes are spot on (we often play OUR parts a little 'hot' to hear them better) and you can use the Makeup Tools at this point to dial back anything too loud, or increase a too low part.

And, let's face it, we all make the odd boo-boo... If the Sequencer can save an otherwise good performance by correcting that little boo-boo, it will encourage you to do more by not frustrating you with HAVING to make a flaw-free performance (which always stultifies your creativity, IMO), as well.

But a nice tune, well played. Let's hear some more... 8)
  •  

Dreamer

Keith,

a very nice song, with a great choice of sounds. My only advice would be to use the equalizer to reduce a little "boominess" in the mid-low section, that translates in a kind of "sonic mud". Other than that, it's a keeper.  8)
  •  

mrniceaneasy

Thanks Diki and Dreamer. Your comments are very helpful to me as the Keyboard is new to me. A steep learning curve after Yamaha's. Will have to check my laptop setting as you say if it's recording in mono. Will also try to be a little less impetuous with the quick 'records' and check the song out more in the keyboard. Appreciate the help. :)
  •  

motekmusic

I'm not really commenting on your performance as you did indicate it was just a "demo" and know that
it takes time to get freindly with a new "toy".. I'm just surprised that your tyros has been sold out and that we have to get re-acclimated to your new keyboard as well..  Hope to hear more songs from that
machine.. saw it at the music store and looked a little complicated..  At least you are still with us and can
give us some great tunes... regards     :)   elaine
  •  

mrniceaneasy

Hi Elaine. Yes I sold my Tyros as I was offered a good price privately. Sold it now while the going is good as they won't fetch anything when T3 comes out. Looking possibly for a good priced T2 at the end of the year. As for the 'Demo' I think the real problem was actually transferring it to the Computer. On the keyboard it sounds completely different as I have it connected to my external speakers from my Tyros. Perhaps the internal sounds are not as capable as the External and what actually transfers is the onboard sounds [64 note polophony instead of 128 on the Tyros]. I really like the keyboard though and am enjoying 'playing' with it a lot ::) :)
  •  

miga

Very nice music Mrniceneasy.
Good choice for the instruments.
miga
  •  

mrniceaneasy

•