Joan Jet

Started by admin, March 24, 2017, 09:42:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

admin

[ You are not allowed to view this attachment ]

Joan Marie Larkin (born September 22, 1958)[2] known professionally as Joan Jett, is an American rock singer, songwriter, composer, musician, record producer and occasional actress.

She is best known for her work as Joan Jett & the Blackhearts, preceded by success with the Runaways, including the hit song "Cherry Bomb". The Blackhearts' record "I Love Rock 'n' Roll" was No. 1 on the Billboard Hot 100 from March 20 to May 1, 1982.[3] Her other popular recordings include "Crimson and Clover", "I Hate Myself for Loving You", "Do You Wanna Touch Me", "Light of Day", "Love Is All Around" and "Bad Reputation".

Jett has a mezzo-soprano vocal range.[4] She has three albums that have been certified Platinum or Gold, and has been a feminist icon throughout her career.[5][6][7] She has been described as the Queen of Rock 'n' Roll.[8] She is also known as the Godmother of Punk.[9] In 2015, she was inducted into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame.
Yamaha DGX-670 connected to a Yamaha MW12 Mixer connected to a pair of Yamaha MSP10's + Yamaha SW10 Subwoofer using Songbook+.
MacBook Pro  32 GB  1 Terabyte SSD
  •  

admin

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M3T_xeoGES8

Joan Jett saw the Arrows perform "I Love Rock 'n Roll" on their weekly UK television series Arrows[2] when she was touring England with the Runaways in 1976.[5] She first recorded the song in 1979 with two of the Sex Pistols: Steve Jones and Paul Cook. This first version was released on vinyl in 1979 on Vertigo records as a B-side to "You Don't Own Me". In 1981, Jett re-recorded the song, this time with her band, the Blackhearts. This recording became a U.S. Billboard Hot 100 number-one single for seven weeks.[8] Billboard ranked it at the No. 3 song for 1982. The single was certified platinum by the Recording Industry Association of America, representing two million units shipped to stores with Jett's I Love Rock 'n Roll album reaching number two on the Billboard 200. Joan Jett's version was ranked No. 89 in the list 100 Greatest Guitar Songs of Rolling Stone[9] and has also been inducted into the Grammys Hall of Fame in 2016.[10]
Yamaha DGX-670 connected to a Yamaha MW12 Mixer connected to a pair of Yamaha MSP10's + Yamaha SW10 Subwoofer using Songbook+.

admin

Joan Jett & The Blackhearts - I Hate Myself for Loving You

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bpNw7jYkbVc

"I Hate Myself for Loving You" is a 1988 song from Joan Jett & the Blackhearts and the first single from the album Up Your Alley. The song reached No. 8 on the U.S. Billboard Hot 100,

Jett's third single to reach the Top 10, and her first since "Crimson and Clover" in 1982. The song spent six weeks longer on the charts than did the group's biggest hit, "I Love Rock 'n' Roll" (which was on the chart for 20 weeks).

admin

I Love Rock And Roll