Main Menu

PA3x VS Tyros5

Started by chellinoolmo, February 28, 2015, 01:44:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

chellinoolmo

Here is an A / B test between Korg PA3x and Yamaha Tyros5.
He who plays is not particularly proficient; but the clip gives a useful picture of the different soundscapes.

I get my Tyros5 about a week or two - therefore I find this comparison particularly topical. It is incidentally many that have PA3x and Tyros5.
For some reason... 8)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eZtWsnX6qFA
  •  

HellanPa3x

Also note that the Pa3x was meant as a competitor for Tyros 4 - it would be more fair to compete Tyros 5 when/if the pa4x is released. As the Tyros 5 came out recently, and the Pa3x have a couple of years on it's back now. But interesting comparison, it only reassured me I made the right choice picking Korg! ;)
  •  

chellinoolmo

Quote from: HellanPa3x on March 02, 2015, 08:47:36 AM
Also note that the Pa3x was meant as a competitor for Tyros 4 - it would be more fair to compete Tyros 5 when/if the pa4x is released. As the Tyros 5 came out recently, and the Pa3x have a couple of years on it's back now. But interesting comparison, it only reassured me I made the right choice picking Korg! ;)

Thanks for the reminder!
And you're absolutely right in everything you say.
Personally I believe that the demos I've heard, clearly shows that PA3x is better than Tyros5 on several instruments. And Tyros4 is fairer to compare ...
There are many more things too; but I will comment later when I have both PA3x and Tyros5.
  •  

baz66

Lokking forward to your comments.
Not that I'd buy a T5. I sort of LOVE my korg and kn6000.
Baz
  •  

chellinoolmo

Quote from: baz66 on March 02, 2015, 06:24:52 PM
Lokking forward to your comments.
Not that I'd buy a T5. I sort of LOVE my korg and kn6000.
Baz

Thanks; I also look forward to the opportunity to once and for all to dispel all the myths regarding PA3x VS Tyros5.

Tyros5 has nevertheless a big advantage:
There are fantastic much (also free) software available. At that point struggling Korg ...
Korg has however several advantages that nobody else has.
And sonically is Korg sovereign.

That you love your KN6000 I understand well - Technics was far ahead of its competitors with the development of this keyboard. 8)
  •  

entertain70

So chellinoolmo,
I hope you will not stop developing Styles for the KORG Platform  :(

I like the piano sound of the PA3X in the video.
It sounds better than my PA3X Musikant, even with PC-Speakers.
My Piano always sounds like it's sent through a compressor or something like that.
Also the Styles of the international PA3X sounding better and punchier on my Musikant.

Anyone else noticed that?
Yamaha Genos | Yamaha S90ES | Roland A800pro | Apple Mainstage
  •  

chellinoolmo

Quote from: entertain70 on March 03, 2015, 04:24:06 AM
So chellinoolmo,
I hope you will not stop developing Styles for the KORG Platform  :(

I like the piano sound of the PA3X in the video.
It sounds better than my PA3X Musikant, even with PC-Speakers.
My Piano always sounds like it's sent through a compressor or something like that.
Also the Styles of the international PA3X sounding better and punchier on my Musikant.

Anyone else noticed that?

Yes; I (and many more) have also noted that Musikant styles sounds better than PA3x internal styles.
I would say that they have "cheated" a bit, because they have increased the volume a bit, while they have adjusted slightly with the parametric equalizer (MAXX AUDIO).
Even small such adjustments will provide a picture of better sound.

Have you incidentally tried the styles of Dopamine? They are even better.
https://dopamine4korg.wordpress.com/

And do not be afraid that I will not continue to develop styles for Korg; Korg is my primary workspace,
but I will always try to have one foot in all areas, to ensure that all members get access to most possible quality styles.
  •  

ludo willems

Dear, does anyone have the latest update software to upload Tyros5 or where can I find it? Thanks in advance, greetings Ludo
  •