Ronnie Milsap

Started by admin, October 08, 2017, 11:22:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

admin

[ You are not allowed to view this attachment ]

Ronnie Lee Milsap (born January 16, 1943) is an American country music singer and pianist.

He was one of country music's most popular and influential performers of the 1970s and 1980s. He became one of the most successful and versatile country "crossover" singers of his time, appealing to both country and pop music markets with hit songs that incorporated pop, R&B, and rock and roll elements.

His biggest crossover hits include "It Was Almost Like a Song", "Smoky Mountain Rain", "(There's) No Gettin' Over Me", "I Wouldn't Have Missed It for the World", "Any Day Now", and "Stranger in My House". He is credited with six Grammy Awards and forty No. 1 country hits, third to George Strait and Conway Twitty. He was selected for induction into the Country Music Hall of Fame in 2014.
Yamaha DGX-670 connected to a Yamaha MW12 Mixer connected to a pair of Yamaha MSP10's + Yamaha SW10 Subwoofer using Songbook+.
MacBook Pro  32 GB  1 Terabyte SSD
  •  

admin

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LEJl4TMKMYE

"(I'd Be) A Legend in My Time" is a song written and recorded by Don Gibson in 1960. It appeared as the B-side of his hit "Far Far Away", from the album Sweet Dreams. Gibson re-recorded the song on the 1972 album Country Green.

Frequently covered, the song is usually titled without the parenthetical lead. Versions have been recorded by Connie Francis, Johnny Cash (on the album American V: A Hundred Highways), Waylon Jennings, B. B. King, Timi Yuro, and Frank Ifield, among others.

Roy Orbison covered the track for his 1961 album Lonely and Blue, and recorded a second later version which was featured on his 1967 tribute album to Gibson, Roy Orbison Sings Don Gibson. A 1973 rendition by Sammy Davis Jr. became an Adult Contemporary charts, reaching #33 in Canada and #29 U.S.

The song was recorded by Ronnie Milsap and released in November 1974 as the lead single from his album A Legend in My Time. This was Milsap's sixth country hit and his third number one. The single stayed at number one for a single week and spent a total of ten weeks within the top 40.  Milsap's recording altered the song from its original 3/4 time signature to a 4/4 time signature.
Yamaha DGX-670 connected to a Yamaha MW12 Mixer connected to a pair of Yamaha MSP10's + Yamaha SW10 Subwoofer using Songbook+.

admin

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KbeQa2hmznk

It Was Almost Like a Song" is a song written by Hal David and Archie Jordan, and recorded by American country music singer Ronnie Milsap. It was released in May 1977 as the first single and title track from the album It Was Almost Like a Song. It became one of the greatest hits of his recording career upon its release in 1977.

In July 1977, "It Was Almost Like a Song" was Milsap's eighth No. 1 song on the Billboard magazine Hot Country Songs chart.  The song also became his first Billboard Hot 100 chart entry, peaking No. 16. and also on Billboard's Hot Adult Contemporary Singles chart, where it peaked at No. 7.

"It Was Almost Like a Song" provided the basis for the title of Milsap's biography, Almost Like a Song, which he co-wrote with Tom Carter.

musicman100

I Wouldn't Have Missed It for the World

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mO0-n7Ot0_o

"I Wouldn't Have Missed It for the World" is a song written by Charles Quillen, Kye Fleming and Dennis Morgan, and recorded by American country music singer Ronnie Milsap.

It was released in October 1981 as the second single from the album There's No Gettin' Over Me. The song became one of his biggest hits in his recording career and came during the peak of his crossover success.