Sixpence Non The Richer

Started by montage, June 03, 2017, 12:25:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

montage

[ You are not allowed to view this attachment ]

Sixpence None the Richer (also known as Sixpence) is an American alternative Christian rock band that formed in New Braunfels, Texas, eventually settling in Nashville, Tennessee.

They are best known for their songs "Kiss Me" and "Breathe Your Name" and their covers of "Don't Dream It's Over" and "There She Goes". The name of the band is inspired by a passage from the book Mere Christianity by C. S. Lewis.

The band received two Grammy Award nominations, Best Pop Performance by a Duo or Group with Vocals for "Kiss Me" and Grammy Award for Best Rock Gospel Album for Sixpence None the Richer.
  •  

montage

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8N-qO3sPMjc

"Kiss Me" is a song recorded by American pop rock band Sixpence None the Richer from their 1997 self-titled album. Released as a single in 1998, it reached No. 2 on the Billboard Hot 100. The song was a worldwide success; it reached number four on both the UK Singles Chart and the New Zealand Singles Chart, as well as peaking atop the Australian singles chart and the Canadian Singles Chart, making it the group's highest-charting single across the world.

The song is also the group's best-selling single in the United States, peaking at number two for one week behind TLC's "No Scrubs". Despite only reaching second place, the song had great longevity on the chart, spending 16 weeks in the Top Ten and 35 weeks on the chart. At the end of 1999, Billboard ranked the song as the sixth best-selling single of 1999, ahead of a number of other No. 1 hits and the second highest rank for a song that didn't make it to the top, behind Whitney Houston, Faith Evans, and Kelly Price's "Heartbreak Hotel", which ranked at No. 4. It became the main theme song for the teen film She's All That starring Rachael Leigh Cook.
  •