Guy Mitchell

Started by admin, March 08, 2019, 10:09:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

admin

Guy Mitchell
[ You are not allowed to view this attachment ]

Guy Mitchell (born Albert George Cernik; February 22, 1927 – July 1, 1999) was an American pop singer and actor, successful in his homeland, the UK, and Australia. He sold 44 million records, including six million-selling singles.

In the fall of 1957, Mitchell starred in ABC's The Guy Mitchell Show. He appeared as George Romack on the 1961 NBC western detective series Whispering Smith, with World War II hero Audie Murphy in the leading role.
Yamaha DGX-670 connected to a Yamaha MW12 Mixer connected to a pair of Yamaha MSP10's + Yamaha SW10 Subwoofer using Songbook+.
MacBook Pro  32 GB  1 Terabyte SSD
  •  

admin

My Heart Cries For You
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WPeK2hj02Xo

"My Heart Cries for You" is a popular song, adapted by Carl Sigman and Percy Faith from an 18th-century French melody.

The music is from an old French song attributed to Dauphine of France Queen Marie Antoinette " La jardinière du Roi". The chorus "My heart cries for you, Sighs for you, dies for you..." is original and does not appear in the French song.

The sentimental ballad was recorded toward the end of 1950 by Guy Mitchell  with Mitch Miller and his orchestra, in a recording issued by Columbia Records as catalog number 39067, which sold over a million copies and reached #2 on the Billboard charts in 1951.
Yamaha DGX-670 connected to a Yamaha MW12 Mixer connected to a pair of Yamaha MSP10's + Yamaha SW10 Subwoofer using Songbook+.
MacBook Pro  32 GB  1 Terabyte SSD
  •