Jason Thomas Mraz

Started by montage, May 12, 2017, 01:11:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

montage

[ You are not allowed to view this attachment ]

Jason Thomas Mraz (/məˈræz/; born June 23, 1977) is an American singer-songwriter who first came to prominence in the San Diego coffee shop scene in 2000. In 2002, he released his debut studio album, Waiting for My Rocket to Come, which contained the hit single "The Remedy (I Won't Worry)". With the release of his second album, Mr. A-Z, in 2005, Mraz achieved major commercial success. The album peaked at number 5 on the Billboard 200 and sold over 100,000 copies in the US.

In 2008, Mraz released his third studio album, We Sing. We Dance. We Steal Things. It debuted at number 3 on the Billboard 200 and was an international commercial success primarily due to the hit "I'm Yours". The song peaked at number 6 on the Billboard Hot 100, giving him his first top ten single, and spent a then-record 76 weeks on the Hot 100. His fourth album, Love Is a Four Letter Word, peaked at number 2 on the Billboard 200, his highest-charting album to date.

Mraz has won two Grammy Awards and received two additional nominations, and has also won two Teen Choice Awards, a People's Choice Award and the Hal David Songwriters Hall of Fame Award. He has earned Platinum and multi-Platinum certifications in over 20 countries, and has toured in North America, South America, Europe,

Asia, Australia, the Middle East and parts of Africa. As of July 2014, Mraz has sold over seven million albums, and over 11.5 million downloaded singles. His musical style, from rhythmic feeling to his use of nylon string guitars, has been heavily influenced by Brazilian music.
  •  

montage

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EkHTsc9PU2A

I'm Yours" is the first single released by Jason Mraz from his third studio album We Sing. We Dance. We Steal Things. The song was originally released on a limited edition EP called Extra Credit as a demo in 2005 to promote his second studio album Mr. A–Z. It was performed in his 2004 and 2005 gigs and already became a crowd favorite before its release. "I'm Yours" was nominated for Grammy Award for Song of the Year and Best Male Pop Vocal Performance at the 51st Grammy Awards. It was also used for the Australian Seven Network's promotion of the season premiere of Packed to the Rafters.

"I'm Yours" was immensely successful in the U.S. on the Billboard charts. At 76 weeks on the Hot 100, it held the record for most weeks spent on the chart, breaking the previous record of 69 weeks set by LeAnn Rimes' song "How Do I Live" in 1998; this record has since been broken by Imagine Dragons' "Radioactive", which spent 87 weeks on the chart, and AWOLNATION's "Sail", which spent 79 weeks on the chart. As of January 2013, it is the tenth best-selling digital song of all time in the U.S., selling over 6 million downloads,and 12.2 million worldwide. It remains Mraz's biggest US hit single to date. The song was used as an 'inspiration' for the Bollywood movie Nautanki Saala song "Mera Mann Kehne Laga".

Mraz first launched the song from the La Costa Resort and Spa in Carlsbad, California, at Michele Clark's Sunset Sessions in 2008. He also sang a version on Sesame Street titled "Outdoors" and released a successful remixed version featuring Lil Wayne and Jah Cure.
  •  

admin

Yamaha DGX-670 connected to a Yamaha MW12 Mixer connected to a pair of Yamaha MSP10's + Yamaha SW10 Subwoofer using Songbook+.
MacBook Pro  32 GB  1 Terabyte SSD
  •